Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Five Nights at Freddy's Toy Chest



Five Nights at Freddy's Toy Chest



I didn't get pictures of every step because at the time I didn't know I would be posting it to my blog. Below are a few steps, and more pictures.
Someone gave my boyfriends son a toy chest and he loves Five Nights at Freddy's. His favorite character is Foxy so I Decided to paint the toy chest with the below design.

First I sanded and prepped the toy chest as it had been stained, previously. I got it back to its almost original state. I picked a design and using my art projector traced the design on the front. This was of course after much measuring and centering. 

After tracing the design, it was on to the fun part of painting. I did this using craft acrylics you can get at any craft store.  I then used painters tape to mark off the checker area, painted the whole thing white, then marked off the spots I wanted to stay white and painted the other spots black. That pretty much finished the top part, after free handing the black circle around the whole design. I then clear coated the entire lid with MinWax Polyurethane, although in hindsight, I probably should have used their Polycrylic as it dries without the slight ambering that Poly sometimes does.
Just adding a few final details. Such as highlights and touch up to small areas. 

                     

Foxy after being clear coated with poly

After measuring and marking off the squares for the checker pattern, I found that  for me it was easier to free hand paint the squares. You may want to tape off the squares then paint. There are a few ways to do so that can be found  on the internet.
After adding hardware such as handles and hinges, its complete and ready to be used.  Of course, I somehow managed to paint the whole thing on the wrong side, so to cover up the hinge screw holes I simply painted some hands on the front to make it look like one of the other FNAF characters were trying to reach out of the toy chest.

I am going to be painting a FNAF (Five Nights at Freddy's) wall mural in the coming weeks, I will make sure to take pictures and will be posting them soon. 
























No comments: