Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

DIY Plastic Shrink Charms

Ever wonder what to do with those left over plastic Chinese take-out containers? Well, you could always turn them into cute charms for bracelets or necklaces. The ones shown in this tutorial show Baby Eeyore, Pooh, Tigger and Piglet, but you could print out any design and use it.


I love Eeyore so much so that I have him tattooed on my upper arm and buy figurines, stuffed Eeyores and pajamas whenever I find them. So I guess that is why a friend posted this to my Facebook page and I can't wait to try this out for myself.



This project was posted on the  Cleverly website and I am sharing it with you. I can't wait to try this one out the next time I get takeout and have left over containers.
If you try this please let me know how it turned out.

Shrink Charms-Clevverly/Hefty

What you will need:
Clean transparent plastic packaging  (take out containers)
Scissors
Hole Punch
Colored permanent markers
and of course an oven. 

You could turn this into a sleepover party activity by buying these in bulk, I found them in bulk on Amazon although I am sure they can be found elsewhere. Personalize your wedding by using these as charms on wine glasses or at baby showers. Decorate gifts, or even use them as charms on shoelaces.The possibilities are endless.

Happy crafting from the Craft Fairy



No comments: